Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Review

Well, it's Friday, and to honor New York City's nanny state, I give you today's review:


The Dunhill Signed Range.  A nice torpedo size, 5 1/2" by 52 ring gauge.

My first Dunhill SR was smoked in Bahrain.  Gotta admit, after 8 weeks out at sea, everything was great.  But had a couple while I was there, and even my buddies admitted this was a great smoke.  I thought this was a Cuban when I smoked it, and learned after I returned back to the States that this was a Dominican.  The company has an interesting history, too.

Medium draw, medium burn (45min), and very smooth consistency.  Heavy nut with a little vanilla, medium spice (but not too much), and light wood.  Extremely smooth cigar with great construction....burned evenly with only 2 touch-ups.

I recently bought a box of these lovely sticks, and am anxious to smoke one.  Ok, I already smoked one.  But I violated a major rule...they must relax in the humidor after a week in the mail.  Wasn't the best smoke, but that's because they were stressed from being out of humidity for so long.  Lesson...re-learned.

Overall, buy as many boxes of these as you can.  They are quite nice.

Thanks New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment