Saturday, February 26, 2011

Two To Go

How sad is it that we only have two more shuttle launches to go?

After that, I guess it's "just too expensive".  I guess we've "already done that".  Need to build a high speed rail system, or something.

Some men would say there are better uses of our money.  Some incredible men.

Is there a more noble venture than space exploration?  Have we relegated ourselves to letting the machines explore for us?  If so, where will the new heroes come from?

One of my most memorable moments was meeting and hanging out with Gene Kranz.  Why do I have the feeling that my daughter will never know the feeling of awe and joy of seeing our country continue to lead mankind into space?

I hope I'm wrong.  I hope our leaders remember the power of exploration.


No comments:

Post a Comment