Saturday, June 4, 2011

365 Days...

...and a lot can change!  Another ring on the age tree.  Getting older doesn't make me happy or sad...just reflective.  I'm always amazed at what can happen withing the span of one year.  Sometimes you think time is just flying by...until you take an account of all that has happened.  The days are long and the weeks are short.

While I'm enjoying my velvet cake, take a quick account of your year.  What were you doing this time last year? Are you smarter?  Happier?  More experienced?  More grateful?

Time is precious.  Don't forget that it's not about going from Point A to Point B.  It's all that stuff in between that makes you laugh, cry, and stare up at the stars on a clear night and think...

"Life is amazing."

If you are wondering what it's all about, all I can say is "stop wondering and live."  There's a road to be traveled, there's a bottle of wine to be drunk, there's a mountain to climb, there's a sunrise to see, there's a laugh that makes your stomach hurt, there's a child's question that makes you smile, there's a touch that makes you get goosebumps, there's a scary movie to see, there's a tear of joy to shed.

And more.

If things have gotten in the way, just remember...living well is the greatest revenge.

365 days...before and after....

Before...

After...


Before....


After...

Before...


After...


Before...

After...

Before...

After...


Well, time goes on.  Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Skippy! Happy Birthday!! Just me, but I don't see a lot of difference between the cockpit photo and the one below it. Also, I'm sure going to take the 100K out of my car next time I drive to work. (and yes, I agree that's a BS law and enforcement method).

    Cheers,

    Fetus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fetus,

    Miss you buddy! Hope all is well in the flooded plains of Millington...you guys still there or have you floated down to Mexico?

    Hugs to all there in Fetus Land...wish you guys well!

    ReplyDelete