Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

I don't have enough minutes in the day to fully appreciate everything I'm thankful for this holiday.  I'm not really sure why we celebrate it with turkey, but I know "why" we celebrate it.  Because there's a helluva lot to be thankful for.

A lot.

Is your life tough right now?  Not sure what to be thankful for this Thanksgiving day?



Want to try again?  What is it you are thankful for?  Don't just shove turkey in your mouth.  Give yourself some time, and appreciate the things you have.

You have more than you think.

Sometimes life is not what you thought it would be.  Sometimes it just plain sucks.  Sometimes the wrong things happen to good people.  Sometimes you don't get rewarded for good behavior.  Sometimes you do the right thing and no one cares.  Sometimes you work hard and get nothing in return.  Sometimes you smile at people and get nothing but scorn in return.  Sometimes you get cheated.  Sometimes you make the wrong decisions.

Given this, is there still reason to be thankful?

While you're thinking on that subject, I'll be kissing my wife as she checks on the turkey, hugging my little girl as she laughs at "America's Funniest Home Videos", and tipping back a cold beer on a beautiful sunny day.  I may even go polish the chrome on the motorcycle.

I have my answer.  You?

No comments:

Post a Comment